Bing Speech Recognition
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Load the most recent release of ARC.
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Control from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Audio category tab.
- Press the Bing Speech Recognition icon to add the control to your project.
This is a Speech Recognition module for ARC. Using the Bing Speech Recognition cloud service, this is by far the most accurate speech recognition service.
This service requires an internet connection. That means your EZ-B will need to be put into Wi-Fi Client Mode. Consult the appropiate learn tutorial for changing the EZ-B to Wi-Fi Client Mode or add a second USB WiFi adapter from here.
- Script - Script that will execute for every detected phrase. If there is no match for recognition, this script will not be called.
- Variable - The variable which holds the text from the speech recognizer. This may be used in your Script for determining what was spoken.
- Language - The language that will be used for recognition.
- Auto Record - If enabled, the plugin will begin recording audio when it has been detected. The threshold is adjusted in the Level Threshold setting.
- Level Threshold - This is the threshold to be used for both Auto Recording (if enabled) and when to stop recording. If you find that even in manual mode the recording manually stops too quick before your sentence is complete, lower this value.
- Silence Count - How many times the energy volume is below the level threshold before stop recording.
- Max Recording - Currently not enabled.
Connecting To PandoraBot
When this control detects a phrase, it will be assigned to the variable and the specified script will execute. With this model, you can have this plugin send the detected speech to a PandoraBot control using ControlCommand().
Here is a sample project: bingsearchtest.EZB
Your project would be configured with a PandoraBot control and this plugin. It would look like this...
*Note: Ensure the PandoraBot control is PAUSED so that it does not attempt to listen to speech. This is because we will be using this Bing Speech plugin for detecting speech and passing the detected speech to the PandoraBot using ControlCommand()
Add this code to the configuration of this plugin to send detected speech to the PandoraBot control.
ControlCommand("PandoraBot", SetPhrase, $BingSpeech)