How to add the Sketch Pad robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Scripting category tab.
- Press the Sketch Pad icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Sketch Pad robot skill.
How to use the Sketch Pad robot skillThere are so many ways to present visual feedback with this skill. The Sketch Pad allows you to draw with controlCommand() from a script. You can create scripts that draw object locations in a room or display information from the path the robot has driven. You can also display custom face emotions using simple graphic shapes of circles, squares, and rectangles. Use your creativity to visualize robot data!
*Note: For usage information, reference ARC's example folder for a SketchPad project.
1. Sketch Display
This displays the graphics that are executed in code.
This skill executes scripts that can draw graphics to the Sketch display.
How to use Sketch Pad
1) Add the Sketch Pad skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Scripting -> Sketch Pad).
2) Add the Script skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Scripting -> Script).
4) Run the script and watch as the graphic is drawn in the Main Window of the Sketch pad.