Camera Click Servoby Synthiam
Attaches to the camera control to enable servo panning by clicking on the video image.
How to add the Camera Click Servo robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Camera category tab.
- Press the Camera Click Servo icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Camera Click Servo robot skill.
How to use the Camera Click Servo robot skillAdd this skill to your ARC project and bring the camera to life. The video will be interactive, where you can click on objects to center. There are hot spots along the edges which moves the camera as well.
1. Attach Button
This button will add the Camera Click servo functionality to the Camera skill in ARC.
1. Horizontal Servo
These settings configure the "Pan" servo along the horizontal plane.
2. Vertical Servo
These settings configure the "Tilt" servo along the vertical plane.
3. Fine Tune
Specify the number of degrees that the X/Y servo will move per pixel
3. Hot Edges
When enabled the 4 edges of the video image will move the camera if the cursor is held on the edge. The border edge width can be adjusted.
How to Use the Camera Click servo Skill
1) Add a Camera Device skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Camera -> Camera Device).
2) Add a Camera Click servo skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Camera -> Camera Click Servo).
3) Physically mount your camera to a servo controlled pan-tilt mechanism.
4) Physically connect the servos to an ARC connected I/O controller.
5) Configure the servos in the settings of the Camera Click servo skill, and save the settings.
6) Click the Attach button to connect to the Camera Device skill.
7) Click on the video preview area of the Camera Device skill and voila, you're moving the camera view around the room with the click of a mouse!
Multi Camera Support
Use the ControlCommand() syntax presented in the Cheat Sheet to attach this control to your desired camera, if your project has more than one camera skill. Otherwise, pressing Attach without specifying the camera name will attach to the first instance.
A installed camera device mounted on a servo controlled pan/tilt mechanism.
Source Code: CameraClickServo.zip
- v4 fixes the Edge Size not displaying in the drop down when editing the settings.
- v5 add ControlCommand() to attach to any camera
- v6 uses new servo storage container in Config File for plugin
- v7 compatibility with latest ARC (version 2019.01.04 or later)