+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Load the most recent release of ARC.
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Control from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Camera category tab.
- Press the Camera Snapshot icon to add the control to your project.
This skill will save snapshots from an active camera in the camera device skill. It will save a picture to your drive or device storage. On your drive, the image will be saved to a folder called "My Robot Pictures" in the "Pictures" directory. This skill can also take a snapshot at a time interval, which can be modified in the settings menu.
You may also instruct the Camera Device to take photos programmatically through code. The script: controlCommand("Camera Snapshot", "CameraSnapshot") can be called to instruct the Camera Device to take the photo.
1. Pause Snapshots Checkbox
When this checkbox is enabled the Camera Snapshot skill will be paused and won't take any pictures.
2. Save Now Button
This button saves a picture to your drive or device storage
3. Status Display
Displays the date and time a picture was taken.
1. Snapshot Interval Drop-down
This drop-down selects the time in seconds that a snapshot will be taken (when a Camera Device is running in the Camera Device skill. The range is 0-100 seconds. The default is 100s.
2. Save Interesting Photos Checkbox
This checkbox will enable the software to take photos when it sees something unique.
3. Title Field
This title field allows you to enter the name of the Camera Device skill that you would like to take photos from. This is helpful when you are using more than 1 camera device in your ARC project. *Note: Changing the title here will also change the title in the controlCommand() associated with this skill.
How to use Camera Snapshot
1) Add the Camera Device skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Camera -> Camera Device).
2) Add the Camera Snapshot skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Camera -> Camera Snapshot).
3) Set up a camera device and start it in the Camera Device skill.
4) Position your shot and press the Save Now button in the Camera Snapshot skill main window.
A Camera device.