EZB Connection Troubleshooting
Anti Virus for Wi-Fi Controllers
Antivirus Software - This is the number one connection issue for WiFi controllers, such as the EZ-Robot EZB v4 or IoTiny. There are many reports of connection issues with PCs running 3rd party (non-Microsoft) Antivirus Software, such as AVAST, McAfee, Norton or Norton Internet Security. If your PC has Antivirus software installed, please disable or uninstall it. Nearly all of the WiFi communication issues are related to 3rd party anti-virus software. Simply disable any 3rd party (not Microsoft) virus scanner before posting a message.
Arduino and USB Controllers
Arduino and USB controllers have tutorials for connection on the getting started guide. However, the leading cause of connection trouble with Arduino is the baud rate. Ensure you have followed the Getting Started guide links to configure ARC to the correct baud rate. Additionally, providing proper power to the controller is important as well.
Connect to I/O controllers via Wi-Fi
The default EZ-B v4 Wi-Fi setting is AP Mode (also called Wi-Fi Access Point or AdHoc). Synthiam has tutorials on how to change the WiFi mode can be accessed HERE.
DIY Robot Builders (Power related)
If your EZB microcontroller is disconnecting, chances are that the batteries or power source is not providing enough current for the servos. When this happens, it is called a "Brown Out". That means the EZB controller is not getting enough power when the servos move. In this case, the only solution is to replace the power source with higher amperage. A wall-wart (power adapter) will not provide enough current for electro-mechanical servo motors. The ideal option is to purchase a LiPo Battery, Balance Charger, and LiPo Battery Harness. If you're convinced to use an adapter for power, there are also 2 great tutorials created by Synthiam users HERE and HERE.
Guide: Forum Posting For Assistance
If you are still having trouble connecting to an EZ-B, this section below contains trouble shooting steps. If you are ready to post on the community requesting assistance with connection issues, it is mandatory that you answer these questions in your forum post.
- What product are you connecting to? (i.e. EZ-Robot JD, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Robotis Bioloid, etc).
- What power source you providing the robot? (Battery, wall adapter, how many volts/amps, etc)
- Does the robot make a startup sound when powered on (if applicable)? Is there a verbal message spoken from the product on bootup (if applicable)? Have you checked the product manual?
- If Wi-Fi device, are you connecting the correct WiFi network of the EZB/Robot?
- What error message is displayed in the status window at the bottom of ARC? Press the COPY button on the status window and paste the contents in the forum post.
- If an error appears, some devices take up to 1 minute to detect wifi ezb connections - wait 5-10 seconds and press connect again.
- Note: do not change or modify the IP address field on connection screen. Use the default value.