Configure saved WiFi settings directly to the EZ-B v4
How to add the EZ-B Settings robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the General category tab.
- Press the EZ-B Settings icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the EZ-B Settings robot skill.
How to use the EZ-B Settings robot skillThis skill was created for schools or owners of many robots with dedicated WiFi network configuration. Use this skill to quickly change the WiFi settings to the connected EZ-B v4 inside the ARC software. If the reset button is pressed on the EZ-B v4, the WiFi settings will be set back to default. You can use this tool to configure settings for an EZ-B after reset rather than using the web configuration. With this skill your settings can be saved with the project and easily loaded to the connected EZ-B.
1. WiFi Network Name Text Field
This is where you can enter a new SSID for your network
2. WiFi Password Text Field
This is where you can enter a password for your SSID. Leave blank if you don't require a password.
3. System Name Text Field
This is where you can enter a new System Name. EZ-Robot is the default.
4. WiFi Channel Drop-down
This is where you can select a new WiFi channel. Default is 11. The most common WiFi channels are 1, 6, and 11 because they don't overlap with each other.
5. Send Configuration button
If ARC is connected to an EZ-B v4 you can press this button to update it's settings with the selections you entered into the skill. The EZ-B v4 will reset automatically when the button is pressed.
How to Use the EZ-B Settings Skill
1) Connect an EZ-B v4 to the ARC software.
2) Add the EZ-B Settings skill (Project -> Add Skill -> General -> EZ-B Settings)
3) Enter the new settings that you'd like the EZ-B v4 to have.
4) Click the Send Configuration button to push the new settings to the EZ-B v4. Then wait for the EZ-B v4 to reset and after connect to the newly named SSID (the old SSID will disappear from your WiFi Network list).
An EZ-B v4 I/O controller.
Leap Motion Combine With ARC To Control In Space
I'm trying to use LEAP Montion on ARC but I'm still not successful and I posted this question in the hope that someone...
Robot Building Safety?
This is just a quick little PSA (public service announcement) :) I hope this will be ok to post here? Always practice...