How to add the Speech Synthesis robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Audio category tab.
- Press the Speech Synthesis icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Speech Synthesis robot skill.
1. Text Field
This field contains the text you would like spoken; it can be as long as you want.
2. Say (PC Speaker) Button
This will output the text-to-speech through the PC's audio output device.
2. Say (EZ-B v4 Speaker) Button
This will output the text-to-speech through the EZ-B v4's onboard speaker.
The settings for the Speech Synthesis skill are contained in the Speech Synthesis Settings robot skill. The speech synthesis settings robot skill allows you to adjust the generated speech with various effects and speeds. For 3rd party voices, you can also select and adjust those using that robot skill.
Your computer's internal or external sound card is attached to Speakers or an EZ-B I/O Controller.