Wavefront path planning Navigation (shortest path to destination)
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Navigation category tab.
- Press the Wavefront icon to add the control to your project.
Wavefront Navigation path planning (shortest path to destination)
Define an Array called $MyMap, Assign your goal location in the array a value of 1, assign your robot position in the array a value of 254, all walls and obstacles are assigned 255, open space is assigned 0. Call the wavefront plugin.
The plugin returns an array $MyRoute, showing the best route. "G" indicating the Goal, "R" indicating the Robot and "_" indicating the route.
My plan is to the use Sonar to check ahead and if an obstacle is detected, add it to the map update the robot position and resubmit the map to the plugin and move on.
I am still working on the encoders, and how to get my initial robot position.