How to add the Read Digital robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Digital category tab.
- Press the Read Digital icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Read Digital robot skill.
How to use the Read Digital robot skillThis skill gets the digital status of a port. It detects a TTL voltage signal low (0V) or a TTL voltage signal high (+3.3V or +5V, depending on the I/O Controller).
1. Digital Status Indicator
This Digital Status Indicator changes color based on the detected input voltage. The color will start as black before an I/O controller is connected. Once an I/O controller is connected, the indicated color will be red for a voltage signal low (0V) and green for a voltage signal high (+3.3V or +5V).
1. Title Field
This field contains the title Read a digital skill. You can change it if you'd like. *Note: Changing the title will also change the title in the controlCommand() associated with this skill.
2. Board Drop-down
Select your board number.
3. Port Drop-down
Select your Digital port number.
4. Interval Drop-down
Select how often you want to read the input (in milliseconds).
How to Use Read Digital
1) Add the Read Digital skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Digital -> Read Digital).
2) In the skill settings, select the Digital port to which your device is connected.
3) Watch the Digital Status Indicator in the Main Window to see if a high or low signal is detected.
An I/O Controller with digital input ports.
*Note: You can't send a voltage higher than the I/O Controller's maximum high input voltage, or you may damage the input pins.
How To Make A Wide Angle Ir Non Contact Bumper
I designed a wide angle IR (non contact) bumper for robots a while back but never used it. It may be useful to the folks...
Related Hack Events
Treat-O-Matic 2020 Live Hack Part #5
Lets make this Halloween contactless! With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, this Halloween is likely to look a bit...
Ezbpi Server - Access To The Pi Gpios
Hi, I have successfully connected ARC to the Pi using the EZBPi server, but I dont understand how to access the GPIOs of...
More DIO Ports Required
Hi all, is there a chance while using an EZ-B V4 to add another controller for increasing the number of DIOs ? Some kind...