Convert written text into natural-sounding audio in a variety of languages and voices.
How to add the Watson Text To Speech robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Audio category tab.
- Press the Watson Text To Speech icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Watson Text To Speech robot skill.
How to use the Watson Text To Speech robot skillWith Watson Text to Speech, you can generate human-like audio from written text. Improve the customer experience and engagement by interacting with users in multiple languages and tones. Increase content accessibility for users with different abilities, provide audio options to avoid distracted driving, or automate customer service interactions to increase efficiencies.
You will need an IBM cloud account (Free Tier)
Watson Text To Speech
Sign up for IBM Cloud
Log in to IBM Cloud
IBM Cloud dashboard
Press "Create Resource"
Text to Speech resource:
Quote:The Lite plan gets you started with 10,000 characters per month at no cost.
1) Press Change to configure Service Credentials i.e. URL and Api Key
2) Select the default Voice for the Text To Speech
3) Check the Active checkbox to enable the service
How to use examples :
Note: A specific voice name can be copied from the debug window
Code:$text = "Hallo Wereld! Dit is Watson aan het woord"
#Text to speech will use the default voice specified in the configuration.
controlCommand("Watson Text To Speech", "SayWait", $text)
controlCommand("Watson Text To Speech", "SayWait2", "Bonjour le monde! C'est Watson qui parle", "fr-FR_ReneeV3Voice")
controlCommand("Watson Text To Speech", "SayWait2", "Ciao mondo! Questo è Watson che parla", "it-IT_FrancescaV3Voice")
controlCommand("Watson Text To Speech", "SayWait2", "Hello World! This is Watson speaking", "en-US_OliviaV3Voice")