Pushoverby PushOver LLC
Push robot status notifications to iOS (iphone/ipad), Android and various other devices, including Windows.
How to add the Pushover robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Communication category tab.
- Press the Pushover icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Pushover robot skill.
How to use the Pushover robot skillPush robot status notifications to iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android, and other devices, including Windows.
A PushOver.net account is required to use this robot skill. Visit https://pushover.net/ and create an account. Use this robot skill to push the robot statuses of your robots. Have the robot send a push notification to your mobile device when the battery is low or if the robot got stuck - anything you can dream up. Stay in contact with your robot where ever you are.
Install the PushOver app on your device from the AppStore.
1) User Key
This key is obtained on the pushover.net website. Every user will get a custom key. Copy and paste the User Key from the pushover.net website into this field.
2) Application Key
You can create applications on a pushover.net account. You can create an application per robot. You can even add images for the robots which will show up on the devices that receive the push notifications.
Usage: Control Commands
The robot skill uses ControlCommand from other robot skill scripts.
ControlCommand("PushOver", "Push", "Warning: Battery is %28");
ControlCommand("PushOver", "Push", "Warning: Battery is %28", "Battery voltage");
Example: Exosphere Notifications
This is an example to notify your mobile device when an Exosphere task is started and completed.
1) make sure Exosphere and PushOver are added to your project. Configure Exosphere
2) In Task Accepted, add something that alerts you when a user chooses the task...
ControlCommand("PushOver", "Push", "Exosphere task started by " + getVar("$ExospherePuppeteerUsername"));
3) Finally, add another script for the Task Completed. This will notify you when the task is over
ControlCommand("PushOver", "Push", "Exosphere task completed by " + getVar("$ExospherePuppeteerUsername"));