SMTP Clientby Synthiam
Allows your robot to send email or camera images using SMTP.
How to add the SMTP Client robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Communication category tab.
- Press the SMTP Client icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the SMTP Client robot skill.
How to use the SMTP Client robot skillSend emails using SMTP from your robot using ControlCommand() Syntax. You must first configure this skill. The SMTP Server, username, etc. must be completed. Check with your smtp server host for the correct settings.
*Note: This skill will save the email username/password in the project for convenience. If you distribute your project, beware that the email credentials will also be included.
1. Status Display
Display the email address of the recipient of the email.
2. Script Start Button
Runs a script to send text or an image to a recipient over email.
1. SMTP Settings Fields
Enter the SMTP settings which include the Address and Port fields and check the "Use SSL" checkbox if needed.
2. Sender Credentials Fields
Enter your email and password into the fields and check the "Use Authentication" checkbox if needed.
3. Sender Information Fields
Enter your sender name and email address into the fields.
How to Use SMTP Client
1) Add the SMTP Client skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Misc -> SMTP Client).
2) Enter the SMTP settings, your credentials, and information into the STMP Client Configuration window.
3) Add the Script skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Scripting -> Script).
4) Add a Code sample to the Script skill and press the Start Button.
If you are using Gmail or a third party smtp server, the Username Authentication and From Email Address usually must match. Remember, the FROM EMAIL usually must actually exist for third party services, otherwise your message may not be accepted because it will be considered spam. If you want your robot to send email on a public service as its own identity, you must create an account for it.
Gmail requires pop/smtp access enabled for SMTP servers in the Google Gmail settings. (Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP)
Use this example code to send a text message. Check the Cheat Sheet when editing your EZ-Script for the syntax.
Example code with image from camera
ControlCommand("SMTP Client", Send, "email@example.com", "Mr Recipient", "This is the subject", "This is a test message")
Use this example code to send a text message with an image from the camera. Check the Cheat Sheet when editing your EZ-Script for the syntax. The name of the camera skill must be specified in this command. Specifying the camera skill name is where the skill will get the image from.
ControlCommand("SMTP Client", SendImage, "Camera", "firstname.lastname@example.org", "Bob Smith", "This is the subject", "This is the message body")
Source code: SMTPClient.zip