IFTTT Senderby faengelm
Provides a means to send HTTPGet() messages from ARC to the IFTTT applet Webhooks Channel in the "IF This" clause, allowing EZB scripts to use a ControlCommand() to activate IFTTT applets
How to add the IFTTT Sender robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Misc category tab.
- Press the IFTTT Sender icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the IFTTT Sender robot skill.
How to use the IFTTT Sender robot skillPlease note that this plugin only handles the sending of messages to IFTTT. If you plan on receiving messages from IFTTT, take a look at this tutorial
As this is my first plugin, it may be a bit rough... feedback and advice welcomed. Thanks to DJ Sures for the great plugin tutorial and sample code.
* First, create an IFTTT account here: https://ifttt.com/
* Click on My Applets
* Click on New Applet
* Click the "If This" clause
* Choose Maker Webhooks channel
* Choose a trigger- receive a web request
* Enter an Event Name- Remember this exact name for use in your EZB script. In my example, I chose office_light_on Click Create trigger
* Click Then That
* Choose Action Service- in may case, SmartThings.. you could chose anything e.g. WeMo
* The rest of the steps are SmartThings specific... Choose Action
* I picked Switch On
* Finally- Finished with IFTTT side
* Now, unto setting up the Plugin.....
In your EZB project, add the IFTTT Sender Plugin
* Click the Configure button
* Click the Get Key button
* Copy the IFTTT key
* Paste it into the form and save it
* The plugin is now ready to use...
* Create a script in your project
* Right-click in your script and choose ControlCommand for IFTTT Sender
* Edit the script- use the exact Event Name you setup in the IFTTT applet. Remember to keep the quotes
* Save your script and test it
* You are now ready to start using the plugin in any script... enjoy