Target Overlayby Synthiam
Display custom transparent PNG overlays on the camera control video output.
How to add the Target Overlay robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Camera category tab.
- Press the Target Overlay icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Target Overlay robot skill.
How to use the Target Overlay robot skillSelect one of the included templates, or select your own. The images are translucent PNG files which are overlaid on each frame of the camera stream.
1. Attach/Detach Button
This checkbox will add the Source Camera Device video stream on top of the Destination Camera Device video stream.
2. Status Field
This field will display the status of the connection to the camera device skill and any errors that occur.
3. Load Image Button
This button allows you to load your own custom target image, .PNG is recommended. An image preview window is shown beside it.
4. Image select drop-down
This drop-down has many different target overlays to select from.
How To Use the Target Overlay Skill
1) Add a Camera Device skill (Project -> Add Skill -> Camera -> Camera Device).
2) Add a Target Overlay skill (Project -> Add Skill -> Camera -> Target Overlay).
3) In the Target Overlay skill choose a .PNG overlay image. Use the Image selection drop-down or Load a new image.
3) Press the ATTACH button. This will attach the Target Overlay skill to the camera device skill. You will now see a target overlaid on the camera's video stream.
Source code is available here: TargetOverlay.zip