Compatible with firmware that counts wheel rotation for left and right wheels with wheel encoder.
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Navigation category tab.
- Press the Wheel Encoder Counter icon to add the control to your project.
This skill is compatible with Arduino UNO firmware that counts wheel rotation for left and right wheels.
1. Get Wheel Values Button
Acquires the encoder values for each wheel.
2. Reset Values Button
Resets the encoder values back to zero.
3. Get Wheel Values & Reset Button
Resets the encoder values back to zero then starts acquiring the encoder values again.
4. Update every 1000mS Checkbox
When checked this option will automatically update the encoder values once a second.
5. Debug Checkbox
When checked this option will show the encoder values to the Status Display.
6. Status Display
When the debug checkbox is checked this will display a text readout of the encoder values.
How to Use Wheel Encoder Counter
1) Download the Arduino firmware onto an UNO.
2) Connect your wheel encoders to port D2 (left wheel) and D3 (right wheel) on the UNO.
3) Add the Wheel Encoder Counter Skill (Project -> Add Skill -> Navigation -> Wheel Encoder Counter). There will now be 2 script variables created that hold the wheel encoder values for each wheel, respectively ($LeftWheelCount & $RightWheelCount).
4) Connect the UNO to ARC.
5) Start spinning your wheels (with encoders). Then press the "Get Wheel Values" button to get the $LeftWheelCount & $RightWheelCount values.
6) If you would like the values to be automatically updated and shown on the status display check the "Update every 1000mS" and "Debug" checkboxes.
The Wheel Encoder Arduino UNO firmware can be found here: synthiam.com/Docs/Hardware/Arduino-Genuino-Uno
There are ControlCommand() to reset the $LeftWheelCount & $RightWheelCount values, or force get the values on demand rather than automatic on a timer.
You can see how this skill was created by watching the live hack event here: synthiam.com/HackEvent/Dj-s-5th-Live-Hack-Session-17578
Dj's 5Th Live Hack Session
In this 5th live robot hacking event, I will demonstrate how to program an Arduino and connect it to EZ-Builder via USB...
What Is Really Needed For Indoor Navigation?
I have read about many ways to develop Indoor Navigation. The Hardware recommended varies from an IPS system to a Lidar...
Arduino EZB Firmware To ARC Communication
I am trying to make a plugin. How can I send a non int number from arduino firmware to ARC plugin? For example, if I...