Use the microsoft xbox 360 connect to send navigation/obstacle information into the ARC NMS (navigation messaging system)
How to add the Kinect Xbox 360 Depth Mapping robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Navigation category tab.
- Press the Kinect Xbox 360 Depth Mapping icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Kinect Xbox 360 Depth Mapping robot skill.
How to use the Kinect Xbox 360 Depth Mapping robot skillUse the microsoft xbox 360 connect to send navigation/obstacle information into the ARC NMS (navigation messaging system). This skill publishes obstacle scan distance data to ARC's NMS (navigation messaging system) to be used in SLAM or The Navigator skills.
Because the entire image depth is unnecessary to be processed for mapping, only a portion is. This prevents your robot from picking up distances of things irrelevant to its size and distance. Using the options for the detection area, tune the pink box to the area of detection.
The SDK 1.8 can be installed from here, as you will need the libraries it includes: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=40278
*Note: under development (see To Do)
- additional testing to verify distance from point cloud is calculated correctly
- compensate for distance with camera angle
- add variables (min, max depth & sound direction)
- move detect rectangle into config menu