How to add the Slide Script robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Scripting category tab.
- Press the Slide Script icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Slide Script robot skill.
How to use the Slide Script robot skillThis skill operates similarly to the Servo Slide controls, but it adjusts the specified variable with a slider. You can also specify a script to execute when the slider value has been reached.
Press and hold the left mouse button down in this area to adjust the slider value. The slider value will be displayed here and it will be between the minimum and maximum values set up in the skill settings.
2. Bonus Button
This button is only available when a script is added to the "Button Pressed Script". When pressed it will execute the "Button Pressed Script".
3. Center Button
This button moves the slider value to the center position (between the min/max values).
1. Title Field
This field contains the title of the skill. You can change it if you'd like. *Note: Changing the title will also change the title in the controlCommand() associated with this skill.
2. Min/Max Adjust
Click and hold the left mouse button to adjust the minimum/maximum position values. Right click to enter it in with the keyboard. The range is between 0-1000. The minimum default value is 0 and the maximum default value is 100.
3. Slider Varaible
This variable holds the value of the slider between the minimum and maximum values.
4. On Value Set Script
This script will activate whenever the slider is adjusted.
5. Button Pressed Script
This script will execute when the bonus button is pressed in the Main Window. *Note: There must be a script added here for the bonus button to appear.
6. Button Name Field
In this field you can add your own name for the Bonus Button. The name will appear on the button itself.
How to use Script Slider
1) Add the Script Slider skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Scripting -> Slide Script).
2) In the skill settings adjust the max/min values and add scripts as needed.
3) In the Main Window adjust the slider by holding down the left mouse button on the slider value area.