SLAM for the ARC NMS
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Navigation category tab.
- Press the EZ-SLAM icon to add the control to your project.
This skill is for the ARC NMS (Navigation messaging system) to display Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM). A LIDAR is recommended to be used in conjunction with this skill to create an accurate SLAM map of the robot's environment. Verify the Lidar you choose can push scan data into the NMS for this to work.
*Note: Requires ARC 2020.12.12.00 or greater
NMS (Navigation Messaging System)
If you're not familiar with the NMS, please read this support document that explains how this robot skill interacts with others: https://synthiam.com/Support/ARC-Overview/robot-navigation-messaging-system
This skill operates at level #1 in the NMS stack. For Level #3 sensor data, it is best used in conjunction with a 360-degree lidar. This skill does require telemetry positioning data from Level #3 Group #2. This skill does not provide navigation ability, which is why we recommended The Navigator for waypoint navigation. View the NMS page for compatible robot skills that provide telemetry/pose data (NMS Level #3 Group #2) and obstacle detection data (NMS Level #3 Group #1).