Object detection is fundemental to computer vision: Recognize what the objects are inside the robot camera and also where they are in the image.
How to add the Tiny Yolo2 robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Camera category tab.
- Press the Tiny Yolo2 icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Tiny Yolo2 robot skill.
How to use the Tiny Yolo2 robot skillObject detection is fundamental to computer vision: Recognize the objects inside the robot camera and where they are in the image.
1) Add a Camera Device to the project
2) Add this robot skill to the project
3) START the camera device, so it is displaying a video stream
4) By default, this skill will not be active. Check the "Active" checkbox to begin processing the camera video data stream
Camera Device Integration
This robot skill integrates with the camera device by using the tracking features. If the servo tracking is enabled, this robot skill will move the servos. This is an extension of the camera robot skill.
In HD webcam resolution, Tiny Yolo is processing 30+ FPS with 38% CPU
The detected objects are stored in global variables in the array provided by the camera robot skill. The number of detected objects determines the size of the array. The detected object's location, confidence, and name are all stored in variables.
- control commands for starting, stopping
- object tracking start and object tracking end scripts
- ability to specify custom training model files