Popup a custom window with custom text to the user from a command
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Misc category tab.
- Press the Display Popup icon to add the control to your project.
Use the ControlCommand() to send custom text to this skill and it will be displayed full screen. The configuration menu allows you to adjust the text font, text color, and background color. There is a default timeout value as well. All ControlCommand() for this skill can be found in the Cheat Sheet tab. See the video below for an example of use.
1. Display Popup
Nothing to interact with. Use the confguration to change parameters such as timeout, text color, background color, and font.
Use a ControlCommand() script to execute a Display Popup.
1. Default Timeout Numerical Field
Enter the default amount of seconds that you would like the popup to stay displayed for. Can be overwritten by ControlCommand() script.
2. Color Buttons
Change the color of the popup text and background.
3. Font Change Button
Change the popup font. Use any font that's installed on your device.
How to Use Display Popup
1) Add the Display Popup skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Misc -> Display Popup).
2) Change the Display Popup configuration if needed.
3) Run a Display Popup ControlCommand() script. View your Display Popup until the timeout closes the popup.
*Note: You can press any key to close the popup before the timeout expires.
# use default timeout value
ControlCommand("Display Popup", Display, "Some text to display")
# use specified 10 second timeout
ControlCommand("Display Popup", Display, "Some text to display", 10)
Source code available here: DisplayResponse.zip