TCP Telnet Client for connecting to TCP Servers and diagnosing data channels.
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the General category tab.
- Press the TCP Client icon to add the control to your project.
This TCP Client is an ASCII telnet client, essentially - without any terminal emulation (i.e. vt100). The raw data displayed from the host is displayed. There is also an option to display all incoming data as HEX values for additional debugging.
1. Edit Button
This button allows you to Copy, Paste, or clear the Status field.
2. Server Address Field
Enter the IP address and port number of the server you would like to connect to.
3. Connect Button
This is connects your client to the server.
4. Log Display
Displays the feedback from the server and echo's your communication to the server if the "Local Echo" checkbox is activated.
5. Command Entry Field and Send button
Enter the command or data you'd like to sent to the server, use escape codes, and then hit enter or click the send button.
6. ASCII Code Drop-down and Send Button
Select the ASCII code that you'd like to sent to the server and then hit enter or click the send button.
How to Use the TCP Client Skill
1) Add the TCP Client skill (Project -> Add Skill -> General -> TCP Client)
2) Enter in the Server Address in the Server Address field and click the Connect Button
3) The Log display will show the status of your connection, successful or unsuccessful.
4) Once successfully connected you can then use the Command Entry Field or ASCII Drop-down to send commands or data to the server.
5) Look back at the Log window to read the Server's response.
A TCP server (IP Address + Port Number).
Here's the source code for the TCP Client Skill: TCPClient.zip