If you are experiencing issues with EZ-B v4 connection, this is a diagnostic tool to help.
How to add the Connection Diagnostic robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the General category tab.
- Press the Connection Diagnostic icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the Connection Diagnostic robot skill.
How to use the Connection Diagnostic robot skillUse this utility to diagnose connection issues. When this utility is loaded, verbose logging of the EZ-B communication will be displayed in this window.
1. Copy Log to Clipboard Button
This button will copy the log to the clipboard so you can paste into into a Word processing program.
2. Ping EZ-B Button
This button will will send a ping to the 192.168.1.1 and looks for the reply. The text field is updated with the status of the ping.
3. Load Diagnostic Report Button
Allows you to copy the log to the clipboard and then submit the Log to Synthiam for Diagnostic help.
4. Text Field
This field displays diagnostic and status information.
How to Use the Connection Diagnostic Skill
1) Add the Connection Diagnostic Skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> General -> Connection Diagnostic)
2) Follow the instructions in the skill text field.
*Note: Additionally, you may be asked to submit a diagnostic report from Synthiam support. For information how to submit a diagnostic report, click here.
*Warning: This skill is not to be used for robot projects. This skill is only to be used for diagnostics regarding connection attempt issues. Adding this skill to your project and attempting to use it for any other purpose will result in large memory usage, increased cpu usage, and slow performance.
Source code for this skill is available here: ConnectionDiagnostic.zip