This skill connects the Ohmnilabs Telepresence Robot servo/wheel hardware with ARC.
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Movement Panels category tab.
- Press the Ohmnilabs Standalone icon to add the control to your project.
This skill connects the Ohmnilabs Telepresence Robot servo/wheel hardware with ARC. Windows must be installed on the robot's internal UP Board so that ARC can run. This skill connects to the Ohmnilabs bus through the COM port that's detected.
1. Connect/Disconnect Button
This button connects or disconnects ARC to the UP Board.
2. Device Drop-down
This drop-down selects a COM port installed on the UP board. Use your device manager to find the proper COM port if needed.
3. Status Display
Displays in text the communication between ARC and the UP Board.
1. Connection Script
This allows you to execute a script when ARC connects to the Robot.
How to use Ohmnilabs Standalone
1) Add the Ohmnilabs Standalone to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Movement Panels -> Ohmnilabs Standalone).
2) Select the Ohmniabs robot's hardware COM Port.
3) Press the Connect Button.
4) Use additional skills to control the Ohmnilabs Telepresensce robot and add features (movement panel, camera, etc.).
Windows operating system needs to be installed on the UP board inside the Ohmnilabs Telepresence robot.
ARC then needs to be installed on Windows.
Windows 10 operating system installation instructions for UP Board: https://wiki.up-community.org/Setup
Windows 10 download for UP board: https://downloads.up-community.org/download/up-board-windows-10-installation-guide/
Live Hack page for installing Windows on an UP Board: https://synthiam.com/Community/HackEvents/Intel-Up-Board-as-a-robot-controller-19435
Synthiam's Ohmnilabs Telepresence Robot page: https://synthiam.com/Docs/Hardware/Ohmnilabs-Telepresence-Robot