Myo Gesture Armband with support for multiple devices
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Misc category tab.
- Press the Myo Gesture Armband icon to add the control to your project.
Myo Gesture Armband with support for multiple devices. This will allow control of your servos and script variables with Thalmic Labs Myo. The gesture and accelerometer data are mapped to both servos and script variables. Much like how the Wii Controller works with ARC, this is very similar. The benefit on this armband is that it physically attaches to your arms, giving you the ability to have the robot mimic your movements without having to hold a controller or push buttons. Simply move your arm and hand around.
Download & Install Driver
1) Get the driver by clicking here
2) Install the driver
1. Device Drop-down
This drop down shows the Myo Armband devices that are available to be used by the Myo Gesture Armband Skill
2. Center Button
Centers the Accelerometer values in the Accelerometer readout.
3. Pause Checkbox
When checked it pauses the gesture detection. When unchecked it pauses the Accelerometer readout.
4. Accelerometer Readout
This is a visual display of the Myo Armband accelerometer readings. Use the Center Button to reset the red display dot to center.
5. Status Readout
This is a text based display of the status of the Myo Armband. It displays what the Myo Armband is doing and the gestures that are detected.
Settings - Accelerometer Tab
1. Use Servos with Accelerometer Checkbox
This checkbox allows you to choose between controlling the servos with the Myo accelerometer or controlling a script.
2. Disable Pausing with Thumb/Pinky Gesture Checkbox
This checkbox allows you enable/disable the pause button using the finger click gesture if it is unchecked.
3. Accelerometer servo Control
This section is only available to modify when the "Use Servos with Accelerometer" checkbox is checked. It allows you to setup servo movement parameters such as servo port, board index, servo configuration, max/min degree limitations, multiple servo control and inverted direction. The X and Y axis servos will be controlled by the accelerometer in the Myo Armband.
5. Accelerometer Sensitivity Drop-down
This section is only available to modify when the "Use Servos with Accelerometer" checkbox is unchecked. The drop-down allows you to adjust the sensitivity value for how much of a the accelerometer values have to change by the chosen magnitude before the accelerometer script is executed.
6. Accelerometer Script
This script executes when the accelerometer values change by the sensitivity value chosen.
7. Accelerometer Variables
This section assigns the X and Y axis accelerometer values to customizable variable names.
Settings - Poses Tab
1. Poses Scripts
Assign a script that will execute when each of the poses are detected on the Myo Armband.
How to Use Myo Gesture Armband
1) Install the Myo drivers, install Myo Connect, and put the Armband on one of your arms.
2) When Myo Connect asks you to register, just skip the registration portion as it's impossible to register now because the Armband is discontinued.
3) Add the Myo Gesture Armband skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Misc -> Myo Gesture Armband).
4) In the skill's configuration menu set up any servos you would like to control and scripts that you'd like to execute with gestures.
5) Double tap your a finger to your thumb to unlock the Myo Armband in order to use gestures. The Myo will detect the first gesture you make and then go back to being locked.
6) If you would like the armband to stay unlocked right click on the Myo symbol in your task bar and select Application Manager. At the top of the Application Manager make Presentation Mode active and the Myo Armband will stay unlocks and detect gestures as you make them.
7) Start moving your arm with the Myo Armband on it to control servos and gesture with your hand to activate scripts.
This skill requires the Myo drivers to be installed and the Myo Armband connected to your computer. If these requirements are not met, this skill may crash ARC. However, remember that this product has been discontinued by the manufacturer and their drivers may not be hosted forever.
This skill supports multiple Myo armbands to be connected to the PC. Each armband requires its own instance of this skill. Multiple skills can be added by clicking Project -> Add Skill -> Misc -> Myo Gesture Armband.
Once you have installed the drivers, connected and configured the Myo Armband, this skill will let you assign servos to movement and scripts to poses.