Control UBTech Alpha robot via bluetooth
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Movement Panels category tab.
- Press the Ubtech Alpha 1 Bluetooth icon to add the control to your project.
Control UBTech Alpha robot via bluetooth and control servos. The Virtual Servos in ARC will control the UBTech Alpha robot servos. Use the configuration button on this skill to configure what servos are to be used. The Vx servos in ARC correspond to the servo IDs of the UBTech Alpha robot.
- V1 controls servo ID #1
- V2 controls servo ID #2
- V3 controls servo ID #3
- and so on...
1. COM Port Drop-down
Select the Bluetooth COM port that corresponds with the Alpha1 robot connected to your PC.
2. Connect Button
Once the proper COM ports is selected, press the Connect button to connect ARC to the Alpha1
3. Init Button
Initiates communication with the Alpha1 robot.
4. Status Display
Displays text corresponding to what actions are happening with the skill.
1. Virtual servo Checkboxes
Check (enable) each virtual servo that corresponds to the servo ID's you have on your Alpha1. If you would like to control the servo, it will have to be enabled.
How to Use UBtech Alpha1 Bluetooth Skill
1) Connect your PC to the Alpha1 robot via Bluetooth.
2) Add the UBtech Alpha1 Bluetooth skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> Movement panels -> UBtech Alpha1 Bluetooth).
3) Select the Bluetooth COM port for the Alpha1 robot and select CONNECT.
4) Use the configuration menu of this skill to select the servos you wish to control. Place a check in the box beside each servo to control.
5) Now that you have the skill configured, you may use any skills in ARC that support servos to move the Alpha1 robot. This includes Auto Position, Camera, Joystick, and more.
*Note: When editing scripts in other skills, use the Cheat Sheet or right-click in the editor to see available ControlCommand of this skill. You may connect, disconnect, and control LEDs.