How to add the EZ-B Connections robot skill
- Load the most recent release of ARC (Get ARC).
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Robot Skill from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the General category tab.
- Press the EZ-B Connections icon to add the robot skill to your project.
Don't have a robot yet?
Follow the Getting Started Guide to build a robot and use the EZ-B Connections robot skill.
How to use the EZ-B Connections robot skillThis skill allows you to add up to 255 additional EZ-B I/O controllers to the project to the 5 offered in the connection control. To learn more about EZ-B connections, see the Connection skill page.
1. Add Button
This button adds more connections (up to index #255).
2. Delete Button
This button removes connections starting from the highest index number.
3. Connection Number
This column displays the number for each connection (5 to 255).
4. Connect Button
Once the COM port or IP address is entered for the desired EZ-B device, press these buttons to connect it (them) to ARC.
5. Device Address or Port Drop-down
These drop-downs are for selecting the address or COM pot of the desired EZ-B device that you would like to connect to.
How to Use Connections Skill
1) Add the Connections Skill to your ARC project (Project -> Add Skill -> General -> Connections).
2) Select your device address or port in the drop-down.
3) Click the Connect button.
Other skills, such as Auto Position or SoundBoard (EZB) will have an option to select the EZ-B board index. The EZ-B's can be referenced in script with the following syntax:
This will move the servo connected to EZ-B index #5 port D0 to position 20.
One or more EZ-B I/O controllers.
How To Choose Correct Battery(S).
Given the wide range of actuators and electronics which go into a robot, choosing the right battery may not be an easy...
Setting Servo Speeds And Initialization Script Tutorial
This tutorial will explain what an initialization script is and how to use them in your EZ-Builder projects....