+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Load the most recent release of ARC.
- Press the Project tab from the top menu bar in ARC.
- Press Add Control from the button ribbon bar in ARC.
- Choose the Audio category tab.
- Press the Talk Servo icon to add the control to your project.
This control will bind to the Text To Speech engine. When ever a text to speech ez-script command is executed (i.e. Say, SayEZB, SayWait, SayEZBWAit), this control will move the specified servos to simulate a mouth movement. If your robot has servos connected to simulate a mouth, this control will move those servos while speaking.
There are parameters to configure for the voice and voice settings selection in this control. Every voice and different voice settings (i.e. speaking speed) will require custom settings. The settings are delays for each type of audio. For example, there are delay specifications for Constants and Vowels. The mouth is closed when a Constant is detected and opened when a vowel is detected. The mouth is again closed at the end of a word or sentence. The delays for each of these settings can be specified to tune your effect.