A joystick that controls any movement panel
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Navigation category tab.
- Press the Movement Joystick icon to add the control to your project.
This analog joystick skill controls any movement panel. Rather than using the interface builder to create a custom interface, this can be used to simply provide analog movement joystick to any movement panel.
1. Analog Joystick
This red analog joystick can be manipulated with the mouse cursor or a touch screen.
1. Dead Zone Field
This value is the threshold the joystick must move by in order to be registered as movement. The lower the value the more sensitive the joystick will be.
2. Max Speed Field
Default is already at the Maximum speed (255), you can adjust this value to be lower to slow down the speed of the robot being controlled.
3. Reset to center when released Checkbox
Leave this box checked if you'd like the joystick to spring back to center like a physical joystick. Uncheck it if you'd like the joystick to keep it's position when you move it.
How to Use Movement Joystick
1) Open a robot ARC project with a Movement Panel skill and connect to the robot.
2) Add the Movement Joystick skill (Project -> Add Skill -> Navigation -> Movement Joystick).
3) Configure the Movement Joystick.
4) Move the red analog joystick with a mouse or finger which will in turn move the robot.
Use the Movement Joystick skill with the Custom Movement Panel skill to have the ability to script just about any movement with the joystick.