- Auto Positioner (Gait)
- Auto Release
- Continuous Servo
- Horizontal Servo
- Kondo KRS ICS Servos
- Lewansoul Servo
- Lynxmotion Smart Servos
- PWM Servo Feedback (ADC)
- PWM Servo Feedback (I2c)
- Relative Servos
- Servo And Camera Server
- Servo Recorder
- Servo Summary
- SSC-32 Servo Controller
- UBTECH Alpha Servos UBT-12HC
- Vertical Servo
Control the UBTECH Alpha Robot Digital Servos (UBT-12HC) with EZ-Builder
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Servo category tab.
- Press the UBTECH Alpha Servos UBT-12HC icon to add the control to your project.
Control the UBTECH Alpha Robot Digital Servos (UBT-12HC) with EZ-Builder. The servos must be powered appropriately, and connected to the EZ-B v4 or IoTiny with the respective port. Visit the Config menu of this plugin to view the port configuration.
The Virtual Ports (V0..V99) in EZ-Builder can be assigned to the UbTech servos.
- This plugin requires the RX signal wire of the servo be connected to TX of the selected UART or digital port (if Software UART is selected on IoTiny)
- Hardware UART is for the EZ-B v4 only. Do not use software UART on EZ-B v4. View the EZ-B v4 datasheet to identify the UART ports (0, 1, or 2). EZ-B v4 datasheet can be found here: http://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Lesson/18
- Software UART should only be used with IoTiny
- Default baudrate of UBTECH servos is 115,200
Bind To Virtual Servos
- The configuration menu also provides an option to select the Virtual Ports, which correspond with the ID's of the UBTech servos. If the UBTECH servo ID #0 is connected, select V0. #1 = V1, #2 = V2, etc..
- Discussion on these servos is here: https://synthiam.com/Question/3932
Custom Bit Settings
There are 3 bits that seem to not be understood for the protocol. Since UBTech does not release the protocol for their products, the community is working to better understand what the parameters are. The configuration menu of this plugin allows you to set hardcoded values for those bits. The bits are for 5, 6 & 7.
Custom servo Position Mapping
The UB Tech servos have their own position range, and we don't know what it is. So, the configuration menu allows you to specify the min and max positions for the range. This will be mapped to the ARC servo position range. Meaning, if you set the range in this plugin, it will be mapped to the range for all ARC servo controls.
Protocol Packet Code
Here's a copy and paste from the plugin code. This is how the packet is being assembled to be sent to each servo. The values specified by you in the configuration menu are b5, b6, b7, mapLow and mapHigh.