Retrieve twitter tweets and process them to have your robot do cool stuff via twitter posts.
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Misc category tab.
- Press the Advanced Twitter Recognition icon to add the control to your project.
Retrieve twitter tweets and process them to have your robot do cool stuff via twitter posts. This plugin accepts two ControlCommand() for retrieving either the latest mention or latest tweet.
*Note: Requires ARC 2019.06.25.00 or later.
Give ARC Twitter Access
This control requires the ARC application to be given access to communicate with Twitter's API. This is done by using the top menu and selecting OPTIONS -> TWITTER to configure access.
A latest mention is when another twitter account sends a message via @UserName to your account. This allows anyone who sends a tweet tagging your @username will be retrieved.
A tweet is only tweets from your account. This means only tweets from your account will be retrieved.
The plugin will specify three variables containing the Screen Name, Message and Status. You may use the Status variable to check if there is a new message to process. The Screen Name is the author of the message, which may be yours if querying Tweets otherwise it will be another author if it is a Mention.
This Blockly example queries the latest tweet that you have created from your account and speaks out of the PC speaker.
This Blockly example queries the latest mention that someone tagged your username. This also includes if you tagged yourself.
A more advanced Blockly code snippet will continually check the account every 5 seconds for movement commands. The commands supported in this code are forward, left, or right.