Program your robot using images printed on paper.
+ How To Add This Control To Your Project (Click to Expand)
- Make sure you have the latest version of ARC installed.
- Select the Get button in this page to download the archive file.
- Double click the downloaded archive file to execute installer.
- The installer will add this control to ARC.
- Load ARC and press the Project -> Add Control button from the menu.
- Choose the Camera category tab.
- Press the Programming With Pictures icon to add the control to your project.
Using the camera, this control will allow you to add programming commands by holding up pieces of paper with images printed on them. The concept is to allow programming instructions using visual representations. Each card has an image that represents a specific command, such as move forward, turn right, turn left, or reverse. Using cue cards, the robot can be programmed for specific movements to navigate a maze, for example. The order in which the cards are shown to the robot are stored in memory and determines the path the robot will take. When you're ready to run the program, show the robot the Start card and the program will begin!
*Note: This plugin is in experimental stage and is released as proof of concept only. There will be future enhancements to the plugin in the future.
How To Use
1) Print the images from the bottom of this file on full sheets of paper
2) Load your Robot Bare project
3) Add a camera control (Project -> Add Control -> Camera -> Camera Device)
4) Connect to the robot AND to the camera of your robot
5) Add this plugin (Project -> Add Control -> Camera -> Programming using Pictures)
6) Press the ATTACH button on this plugin's interface. This will attach the plugin to the camera. You will now see a mirror of the camera's video in this plugin
7) Hold the image to the camera and the command will be added to the program list
8) Hold the START image to the camera and the program will run
Images to Print for Programming
Direction Image - hold the image in any direction you wish the robot to move
Pause Image - robot will pause for 2 seconds between commands
Start Image - the program will begin running when this image is detected