Troubleshoot WiFi Connections
An EZB is any robot/microcontroller that runs the ARC-compatible firmware to use the ARC communication protocol. The connection type between EZBs will vary between USB, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi. This diagnostic page is for Wi-Fi-enabled EZBs. If you are not using a Wi-Fi-enabled EZB, select your EZB connection type from this index page.
Anti Virus for Wi-Fi EZB Controllers
Third-party antivirus Software - This is the number one connection issue for WiFi controllers, such as the EZ-Robot EZB v4 or IoTiny. There are many reports of connection issues with PCs running 3rd party (non-Microsoft) Antivirus Software, such as AVAST, McAfee, Norton, or Norton Internet Security. If your PC has 3rd party antivirus software installed, please disable or uninstall it. Nearly all of the WiFi communication issues are related to 3rd party anti-virus software. Simply disable any 3rd party (non-Microsoft) virus scanner before posting a message.
Wi-Fi EZB Connection Diagnostic
The most common Wi-Fi controllers are the ESP32, ESP32Cam, EZ-Robot EZB v4, and EZ-Robot IoTiny. This connection diagnostic does not include hardware support, and therefore we recommend visiting the manufacturer's website for product support. However, we will provide connection debugging assistance here. In this connection diagnostic, we'll be using the EZ-B in AP Mode (also called Wi-Fi Access Point or AdHoc).
*Note: If using an EZB controller that does not support audio feedback or reset buttons, skip the appropriate steps (i.e. ESP32, Raspberry Pi).
**Note: If you identify a network conflict when executing the diagnostic in the chart below, we have a tutorial here for Two Network Interfaces.
EZ-Robot has great tutorials on how to change the WiFi mode can be accessed HERE.
Guide: Forum Posting For Assistance
If you are still having trouble connecting to an EZ-B, this section below contains troubleshooting steps. If you are ready to post on the community requesting assistance with connection issues, it is mandatory that you answer these questions in your forum post.
- What product are you connecting to? (i.e. Arduino, ESP-32, EZ-Robot JD, Raspberry Pi, Robotis Bioloid, etc).
- What power source you providing the robot? (Battery, wall adapter, how many volts/amps, etc)
- Does the robot make a startup sound when powered on (if applicable)? Is there a verbal message spoken from the product on bootup (if applicable)? Have you checked the product manual?
- If Wi-Fi device, are you connecting the correct WiFi network of the EZB/Robot?
- Do you have two network adapters? (i.e. one for the internet and one for the robot)
- What error message is displayed in the status window at the bottom of ARC? Press the COPY button on the status window and paste the contents in the forum post.