Raspberry Pi*Note: This is experimental
ARC software can install on Raspberry Pi, and more specifically any operating system supporting MONO (Linux, MacOS, etc). There are a few limitations on the Raspberry Pi version of ARC in comparison to Windows ARC. These limitations are based on the dependencies of certain behavior controls. For example, when a behavior control is created with Microsoft Windows dependencies that do not exist on Raspberry Pi, the control will not work. Some of these controls are Speech Recognition, Joystick, WiiMote, and USB Cameras.
There are two ways the Raspberry Pi can be used with Synthiam. The Pi can either run ARC or the EZBPi Server. This server allows an ARC instance to connect to the Pi and use components and peripherals connected to the Pi.
- Continue reading this article to run ARC on the Pi
- Click here to view the instructions to setup EZBPi Server
ImageThis image is ARC Pi running on a Raspberry Pi B . Because the Pi does not have onboard WiFi, there is a USB WiFi dongle connected to the Pi.
View the Software Download page to get the Raspberry Pi ZIP file and follow the installation instructions below.
1) Install the Mono framework on your Raspberry Pi terminal shell, which is pretty easy...
sudo apt install mono-devel
2) Next, unzip and extract the ARC installation file that you downloaded in your home folder...
3) Change into the directory of ARC...
4) Execute the application with...
There are a number of feature limitations on the Rasberry Pi version Vs. Microsoft Windows. These limitations are no Blockly, no WiiMote, no Speech Recognition/Synthesis, and no 3d robot designer. Plugins are supported long as they do not use unsupported libraries.
1) Download your plugin from https://synthiam.com/Software/Manual into the ~/Downloads folder
2) Navigate into the ARC.i folder
3) Since the plugin (.ezplugin) file will be in the ~/Downloads folder, you need to be in the ~/ARC.i folder to install it. So you will type the following command to install from the ~/Downloads folder.
mono ./ARC. Plugin\ Manager.exe ~/Downloads/plugin_filename.ezplugin
4) You will see a window open that shows the installation debug of the plugin. If there are no errors, you can press any key in the new window to close it. Reload ARC and the plugin will be there.
If the plugin is not in ARC Add Controls, you may have not installed it in the correct location, or there was an error. The plugin must be installed while you are in the ~/ARC.i folder. AND you _must_ execute ARC.exe from the ~/ARC.i folder as well. This is because the folder you launch the executable from is the folder that contains the configuration settings.