This is my robot I rebuilt to use as a test platform for ARC. When developing skills and ARC features, this is one of the robots I use for testing with.
- [url=https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.robotshop.com%2Fca%2Fen%2Fdevastator-tank-mobile-robot-platform-metal-dc-gear-motor.html%3Futm_source%3DFacebook%26utm_medium%3DPaid%26utm_campaign%3DProdCatCA%26fbclid%3DIwAR310eLQLju8gGu6eH8csi91O2DfEcodSkM2L_Qp2l4BLanMuOTS9lixzSQ&h=AT2YE3FmW1T2OpjTUYyDNaF7zSyLsfPiGLyk31ZGdnTghcENXQEEL8oHE4kBwwvqF4Zy26ENS5qRm2kXfWVf9-7hesV7hPzU4vp7Cc7Yq9gu1PwmzxxeKar06eYJ9P5iIU0&__tn__=H%2CW0H-R&c=AT1zAVhiyAmvTMKNE1TN7_K40lc8rSozCR_hWA3Czws_x8pQPC4tYgeEa2qg9TdRhJqonwa0Kyr_SfzrI26O-bSFjQzzdLCPXIYFiJOEoBrk1Qyiq_-zA5Kvoj0QOfyplgHKk03HwFLwo1Ww_06ux9vInRUtaRHgFyKJWjUzJX_OdV6XBb3RwIPBHaHJWzmZjZl86GBBbsBFaXJXan_3DYMJLZ_GMzP3g__uxIX1nleUdy2AMPIaRAjd8uj1iP6Y4HxUB22qHv-gQCoJTAb3IDQfCuKSTltJPO7c-1LL7gE]Devastator Tank Mobile Robot Platform
- [url=https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.robotshop.com%2Fca%2Fen%2F6v-1201-160rpm-micro-dc-geared-motor-encoder.html%3Futm_source%3DFacebook%26utm_medium%3DPaid%26utm_campaign%3DProdCatCA%26fbclid%3DIwAR0tmMxl2eyct_SQZjaRlSuxa4XqWoq4qg1AMvX1CDcjY-L4Q1J1-wFHAcY&h=AT2bPOoYyg9Ij6IbhXSBRoFaV12cjqqzwPIzK2GV8kKSvSMpA6sFyIP68qF8_Bv3RQaZo5cI6mzAOkdDEATIKbReDKaML4HvTKaKX3ek2aTRlruZwJ_QQENfUR9wlu7wLf0&__tn__=H%2CW1H-R&c=AT3uIGLwiRSKITg2hYRrG975_geOcJwdv-DL6vVXPgIraJq5GIbnlnVm4FwNB2eh5Ux6EdFQRxCN1Hbja7sSD8Rs1g0mW3IHWmFzUi07y_XxB3BhmbLvmgVImHtkMFbbcpEMoNVFRosEOMlVTHoh8Mrh0dlhYJNNOp6AcfUvgeGDdAgeUj5aYkh6gKnW5S2MCHF1iQ0R4siVRCch5UKIygdeNMyYMqnTWQAmbouJKfPFO0gwCimvAJPRMHcQQ8Dd3EE7aVOgvTP8MqgQLczQnTqQTOzX6ItexlwXXxOfY-4]DF Robot wheel encoder DC motors
- Dimension Engineering Sabertooth 2x12 w/ Kangaroo x2 (configured for independent speed control with encoders)
- 7.4v Lipo powers sabertooth/kangaroo/dc motors
- Rock Pi/x SBC with Windows 10 and ARC Early Access
- 5v 20 amp lipo battery pack powers Rock Pi/x via USB-C
- 5v audio amplifier and 1.5" speaker connected to line-out of Rock Pi/x
- Arduino Pro Micro (USB connected to Rock Pi/x, UART connected to Kangaroo) mounted on a breadboard for rapid prototyping
- Intel Realsense Depth Camera D435i (sends laser scan depth data to NMS for navigation)
- Intel Realsense Tracking Camera T265 (sends telemetry pose data to NMS for navigation)
- 110-degree FOV USB camera for object/color/face tracking and Exosphere usage
- ARC Early Access
- Windows 10 optimized for SBC using Storage & Performance Tips, Headless SBC Tips, and SBC Power Tips
- Arduino Leonardo EZB Firmware
- The Navigator for way-point NMS navigation
- Intel RealSense T265 robot skill NMS driver
- Intel RealSense D435i robot skill NMS driver
- Sabertooth Kangaroo movement panel
- Network Change robot skill for notifying of SBC network connection
- Movement Joystick for analog movement control
- Exosphere for remote control
There's a bit of history behind this robot. It was originally owned by a customer who had passed away in the New Year of 2021. I was given a few of his robot parts, including this robot that he named K8. The original robot had a Raspberry Pi with an Arduino, a homemade l298n motor controller without speed control, and ultrasonic distance sensors. I wanted this robot to perform functions that the original owner aspired to achieve, so I replaced all of the components. To achieve autonomous navigation, the Intel Realsense suite of Depth and Tracking cameras were added. To improve processing capability, the Raspberry Pi was replaced with a more powerful Rock Pi/X SBC. Even though the Intel Realsense cameras can provide a video feed, a USB camera was also added for additional testing.
Skip to comments
By DJ Sures — Last update
Other robots from Synthiam community
Jstarne1's Mr Freeze Costume Controlled By Android Phone...
Hey guys I made it to dragoncon and last minute I finished up the App controlled Mt Freeze suite gear. I have hoses...
Jdebay's Intro To Zipper My Hexapod-Six
Intro to Zipper my hexapod-six j :) :) :) :)
Jdebay's Food-Bot By Jdebay
This is my first EZ-Robot by the name of Food-Bot, fork and spoon for arms.