Have a fantastic idea for a new control in EZ-Builder? This is the tutorial which explains step by step how to create a behavior control plugin for EZ-Builder. This tutorial will help you create an example behavior control plugin with two buttons which move a servo to get you started.
The rest of the steps in this tutorial are resources for the EZ-Builder framework to provide examples of accessing software features. If you have any questions, please ask in the comments below.
In this tutorial, we will cover the following steps...
1) Download and install the latest EZ-Builder
2) Download and install Visual Studio
3) Create a new behavior control instance on Synthiam.com in the shortcuts menu
4) Create a new .Net 4.6.1 Class project
5) Add references to EZ-Builder.exe and EZ_B.dll to your project
6) Specify the new references do not copy files when compiling
7) Add a new Windows Form to the project
8) Modify the Windows Form class to inherit EZ-Builder’s plugin template
9) Add EZ-Builder’s plugin override methods for setting/getting configuration and control messaging framework
10) Download the Plugin.xml template from your behavior control instance from synthiam.com and paste into your project. Set the Plugin.xml to copy when compiling
11) Edit the Plugin.xml to ensure it has the friendly name, description, dll filename, version and GUID of your plugin
12) In Visual Studio project options, specify the compiled output folder of your project to the EZ-Builder plugin folder which is named of the GUID
13) Make your behavior control plugin do amazing stuff and share with the community!
EZ-Builder uses layers of managers, each responsible for the overall user experience. Throughout this tutorial, managers will be referenced. This diagram demonstrates the manager hierarchy.