Have a fantastic idea for a new skill in ARC to publish in the Technology Store? This is the tutorial which explains how to create a skill for ARC. This tutorial will help you create an example skill with two buttons which move a servo to get you started.
In this tutorial, we will cover the following steps...
1) Download and install the latest ARC
2) Download and install Visual Studio
3) Create a new skill plugin Visual Studio project in ARC
4) Make your skill do amazing stuff
5) Upload the skill package to Technology Store and share with the community!
Skill Design Tip
Skills can communicate with each other. This allows your skill to receive commands from other skills, programmatically. The way skills interact with each other is with scripting ControlCommand() script functions. To respond to ControlCommand() requests, your skill will most likely contain SendCommand() and GetControlCommands() override listeners. These will allow other skills to send instructions to your skill. Keep this in mind when designing your skill, as it's discussed in this tutorial.