Change Release Notes
- When ez-bits are missing, do not allow user to SKIP. Now first time users must SYNC or CLOSE. Skip is no longer an option.
- Script Flow control bug fix for 3rd party controls. Find out more about script flow by clicking HERE
- Dynamic Turning with camera control Movement Tracking (see below)
This is a fun release because it has a pretty significant update to the camera movement tracking. The movement tracking is a setting in the camera configuration which tells the robot to physically follow the specified tracking type using the movement panel. Of course, a Movement Panel is required in the project for this to work. The old movement tracking would stop the robot and turn toward the object. This new addition uses a Dynamic Turning option. This means the robot will turn toward the object while moving forward. The further the object is to the edge of the screen, the harder the robot will turn in that direction.
1) Enabling this checkbox instructs the camera control to use the Movement Panel and have the robot physically follow the object.
2) Enabling Speed Settings tells the robot to use the specified speeds when tracking with the movement panel. Forward, Left and Right speeds can be specified and tested here.
3) Enabling Dynamic Turning will have the robot turn toward the object at a variable speed. The values in this area are the SLOWEST speed the robot's wheel will turn in that direction. This means SLOWER = MORE TURNING. The further the detected object is from the center grid lines, the faster the robot will turn. Having this number as low as possible is usually best. For Roli, it would be set for a 1
Here is an example of the robot NOT using dynamic turning. Notice how the robot STOPS and TURNS and STOP and TURNS and STOPS and TURNS, etc...
Here is an example of the robot USING dynamic turning. Notice how the robot continues straight while tracking the object...
- Includes a free 3rd party plugin robot skill per project
- GPT-Powered AI support
- Free with trial limitations
For schools, personal use & organizations. This edition is updated every 6-12 months.
- 2 or more PCs simultaneously
- Includes unlimited skills
- Premium support discount
- And much more
Experience the latest features and bug fixes weekly. A Pro subscription is required to use this edition.
- Load and run any ARC project
- Operates in read-only mode
- Unlimited robot skills
- Early access fixes & features
Have you finished programming your robot? Use this to run existing ARC projects for free*.
|Get ARC for Free||View Plans|
|Early access to new features & fixes||Yes|
|Simultaneous microcontroller connections*||1||255|
|Skill Store plugins*||1||Unlimited|
|Cognitive services usage**||10/day||6,000/day|
|Auto-positions gait actions*||40||Unlimited|
|Speech recongition phrases*||10||Unlimited|
|Vision resolution||max 320x240||Unlimited|
|Cloud project size||128 MB|
|Cloud project revision history||Yes|
|Create Exosphere requests||50/month|
|Exosphere API access||Contact Us|
|Volume license discounts||Contact Us|
|Get ARC for Free||View Plans|