Since the EZ revolution updates, EZ builder keeps freezing each time it connects to the robot. It would either take a very long time to run a program or freeze to the point of disconnecting the robot. Because of this the robot is no longer operational. Has anyone experienced this issue?
Here is a link to one of the programs:
It works fine before connecting, but as soon as the connects it keeps freezing.
Upgrade to ARC Pro
Synthiam ARC Pro is a cool new tool that will help unleash your creativity with programming robots in just seconds!
And thank all of you guys for your prompt support. Later after work I'll try your suggestions and let you know what happen
I don't fully understand everything your script is doing, but you do have a lot going on. Was this a script that worked fine then without any changes caused the issues? Or did you make modifications and then it caused this issue? Can you run a prior version of your script without issue?
My best guess is its something in the startup routine that windows does not like. Perhaps the speech routines? Could you explain what the scripts does at startup?
start new project and no controls see if connect.
@jdebay Since it froze on JustinRatliff's desktop computer, we can dismiss the tablet memory issue. I started new project with only script manager imported and it still froze.
That may have something to do with it. If your PC/Tablet isn't powerful enough to manage all of that at the same time it may be having a small hiccup causing a disconnection. My PC jumped up to 21% cpu usage when I hit the init script start button, that's a lot of usage (my PC is 6 core 3.8GHz)
It may also be down to the comms speed, run a benchmark and see how fast/many actions can be sent/received in one second and then check if you are exceeding that.
I'll have better look when I get chance but try disabling the init script on connection and start the scripts manually one by one, in order, and see when/if it drops connection.
My system is 3.2Ghz, 16gb ram and under the Task Manager when the app stuck it was using 43% CPU resources.
I'm still a little confused on when this broke? To recap - the script ran fine, you updated ARC to version 2014.2.7, ran the script again with out any modifications what so ever? - then the problems started? Do I have that correct?
If that is correct, what was the previous version you had of the ARC where the script did not hang? Ultimately it would be nice to figure out what is the source of it hanging and how to fix it.
I see a new version 2014.2.21 was just released. I'm going to upgrade to it and see if the problem goes away.
Is the problem exactly the same, the app freezes? Or is it just extremely slow? Are you getting high CPU usage when you to go Task Manager? What is the last function that is preformed correct? Does it at least says "That was a good nap"?
Have you got a lot of scripts checking ADC ports quickly? Or a lot of scripts looping too quickly? This can increase the demand that ARC will have and cause an unresponsive computer.
Unfortunately the bluetooth connection can cause something of a bottleneck if you are trying to do too much at once.
1) There are 3 controls all using the same HC-SR04 Ping Sensor (radar Scanner, Ping Collision, Distance). There is no need for 3 of those - only use 1. Otherwise, you have a pile of communication requests for redundant queries. Your tablet may be a little slow processor as well, so all of those controls are using up CPU resources. Only use 1.
2) There is a script called "LightFlashing" and there is no delay. It simply toggles the digital port as fast as the CPU will run. That is going to use up 100% of the CPU. Put a short Sleep() in the loop - perhaps something like Sleep(1000) for a 1 second flash.
There are probably other things but those are the two that popped up right away. Fix those two things and you'll be fine.
I removed the radar scanners and fixed that one loop with a delay, here's the fix: AAProxyNewServo.EZB