ARC 2022.11.22.00 (Early Access & Runtime)
Change Release Notes
This is a considerably significant update that includes many performances and security improvements. We also present a new Remote UI feature that allows remote control connectivity from mobile devices to PCs running ARC. Reading the list of updates and changes below is recommended to become familiar with them. If you have any questions, ask away!
We have also updated the website to increase readability. There are larger and clearer fonts that are easier on the eyes. You will find the support section easier to read and follow. The changes are subtle, but our user-test results have been very positive.
The ARC Remote UI option allows mobile devices to operate the robot remotely using custom interfaces you have created. You can add as many interfaces as you'd like using the Interface Builder robot skill. The interfaces can have multiple pages that are switched by a button. These interfaces are displayed on an Android or iOS mobile device using the ARC Remote UI app.
*Update: There was an issue with the application signing certificate in the installer on the previous build (2022.11.20.00), so we've updated the build to 2022.11.22.00. We recommend updating to this latest version.
- added sr_04 support to doit esp32 and esp32 cam
- added Remote UI remote control feature in ARC (Read More)
- moved many robot skills to the new Remote Control and Communications categories
- increased max servo positions from 32,000 to 2,147,483,647 (Read More)
- removed the X on robot skills for runtime edition (removing the skills can't be re-added, so we prevent people from removing them in a project)
- changed the runtime edition popup to include more information about what Runtime edition is
- (For robot skill creators) added a new event for speech synth for OnSpeaking2. This new event includes the output type. This is because STREAM types won't execute the OnSpeakingCompleted event. So don't bother with it when SayEZB(), anything to a file, etc.
- speech synth disposes the objects in order of their relationship hierarchy to reduce rare scenarios that raise an error closing ARC. Also, Clear/Reset the streams based on their hierarchy as well
- updated bing speech recognition and regular speech recognition to use the new OnSpeaking2 event. This is because there is no need to pause when speaking with the EZB. The result is that speech recognition systems will not PAUSE when speaking out of the EZB; they will only pause when speaking out of the PC. This fixes the issue where the speech recognition robot skills would PAUSE when the robot spoke but never UNPAUSE after.
- auto-size the font of objects for the full-screen interface
- fix when using ShowControl() on an interface for the fullscreen where an error message was displayed about a desktop #3 not existing
- fix in cheatsheet for showing user interfaces in the ShowControl() list
- added new python commands: WaitForAnyNumberSpeech() (Read More)
- added new python commands: WaitForAnySpeech() (Read More)
- Added new Blockly blocks: WaitForAnyNumberSpeech, WaitForAnySpeech
- Added feedback for speaking advice and low confidence detection to all WaitForSpeech-like commands. This provides guides about talking louder, quieter, slower, etc.
- All WaitForSpeech-like commands will reset the timer if there is low confidence in detecting errors. This prevents people from having to panic when detection is taking place.
- increased font size for debug log window
- performance improvement with the loading of the script editor
- performance improvements with script editor help pages
- help hover user control optimization. It's used in a lot of places, so this will improve the loading of forms that use several of them
- performance improvement with the Blockly editor
- entire ARC and EZB application codebase has been reviewed and optimized
- Show the PC IP Addresses tool in the top ribbon menu under Options
- do not switch to the fullscreen interface desktop when ShowControl() is called, and the remote UI server is running
- ezb emulator broadcasts itself for the ARC scan tool
- Includes a free 3rd party plugin robot skill per project
- Community support
- Free with trial limitations
For schools, personal use & organizations. This edition is updated every 6-12 months.
- 2 or more PCs simultaneously
- Includes unlimited skills
- Premium support
- And much more
Experience the latest features and bug fixes weekly. A Pro subscription is required to use this edition.
- Load and run any ARC project
- Operates in read-only mode
- Unlimited robot skills
- Early access fixes & features
Have you finished programming your robot? Use this to run existing ARC projects for free*.
|Get ARC for Free||View Plans|
|✓ 1 request/month
($9.99 for additional requests)
|Feature requests||✓ Yes|
|Early access to new features & fixes||✓ Yes|
|Simultaneous microcontroller connections*||1||✓ 255|
|Robot skills*||20||✓ Unlimited|
|Skill Store plugins*||1||✓ Unlimited|
|Cognitive services usage**||10/day||✓ 6,000/day|
|Auto-positions gait actions*||40||✓ Unlimited|
|Speech recongition phrases*||10||✓ Unlimited|
|Camera devices*||1||✓ Unlimited|
|Vision resolution||max 320x240||✓ Unlimited|
|Interface builder*||2||✓ Unlimited|
|Cloud project size||✓ 128 MB|
|Cloud project revision history||✓ Yes|
|Create Exosphere requests||✓ 50/month|
|Exosphere API access||Contact Us|
|Volume license discounts||Contact Us|
|Get ARC for Free||View Plans|