Quick question as I am editing the settings file for the AIML Bot plug in. I got a clean set up with just the AIML Bot plug in. Mostly works just fine, but on occasion I get a correct $BotResponse that is not spoken, with an error message. Can anyone tell me whats happening.
Again correct response is given, just wont speak the response do to error?!
Upgrade to ARC Pro
Your robot can be more than a simple automated machine with the power of ARC Pro!
I’m not able to provide assistance on using aiml because I don’t have much experience. But I can recommend looking at the source files and not only the config.
I believe the plugin needs to strip some characters to avoid get stuck in the ARC's regular expressions.
I just added the AIM bot (no changes)
And i asked the question "favorite movie?"
I tried to process the $BotResponse in a EZ-Script script and i get similar errors.
I didn't alter any of the response files, only the settings config file.
I havé Hadrien the same problèmes in my synbot plugin and have add a filterîng code in the plugin
Yes the response is in the file:
I believe the culprit is the linefeed.
After some troubleshooting, I did find one possible cause in some of the AIML files. Don’t quote me on the exact tags as I’m not near a computer right now, but It had something to do with a bots template response that contained < Set > < Name > or < Topic > tags. The tags actually fit in the large spaces in the sentence of the bots response I mentioned above. It’s essentially giving two responses in one sentence, the first half of the sentence, then the topic which contains and redirects to the second part of the sentence, and I think there in lays the problem.
Example: First part of the response...
My favourite movie is 2001 a space Odyssey.
Then the topic tags that sets the movie name, followed by the second part of the response (look in the AIML response window in post #6, you will see the large space between the above response and the one below), ...
Have you seen 2001 a space Odyssey?
What I tried on one response that gave a debug error, was to delete the above Name, Set and Topic tags and left just the Category, Pattern and template tags with the original user question and slight change to the bots template answer as I removed the set topic for the movie name, so instead of Have you seen 2001?, I put Have you seen it?. Saved the edited file, reloaded it in the AIML control and this actually did stop the debug error and the response was spoken. Did this on a couple more responses with the same results. Not an ideal fix but good for trial and error as I got a result and hopefully will help with finding a solution.
I had the error pop up with favourite movie, fav band and fav song. I’m still going through this and when I’m by a computer tomorrow, I’ll see if I can find the exact AIML tags that throws the error up and let you guys know. Hope what I have posted so far is of some help.
The problem is related to the linefeed character 0x0A.
A temporary fix script:
create a file "fix_linefeed.vbs" paste the following content/script:
and the problem is gone.
PS: No harm is done, if you run multiple times the script.
There is something about updating the AIMLBot plug in that people should be aware of.... after the hours and hours of AIML file editing I have put in to my project over the past couple of weeks, updating the plug in has now replaced all of my edited Config settings and more to the point, ALL of my edited AIML files with the default files, so all my changes have now been over written and lost and I will have to start again from scratch. *mad*
So if like me you have spent a looong time editing to make lots of changes to personalise your AIML files... make sure you do a back up of your edited AIML and Config folders before carrying out any future AIMLBot plug in updates until a solution is found, so you don't lose all of your work.
Which I guess after reading SteveG last post, actually relates to his post.
Being able to have a robot offline (like in a public place with no internet) and still able to understand (built-in or using your plugin) and respond (AIML) would be awesome. Sorry @fxrtst not trying to hijack your thread.