This build was in two parts. The original build was hacked live at Comic Expo in Calgary Alberta with an EZ-B v3 in 2012. It was a fun hack, because I performed the hack live, where people could watch on a stage. The second hack was in 2017, where we replaced the EZ-B v3 with an IoTiny.
The recent hack now has the following...
- Powered by an EZ-B IoTiny
- Video and vision recognition with a EZ-B v4 Camera
- Extended the camera cable with a EZ-B v4 Camera Extension Cable (60cm)
- LED animation using a 18 RGB LED PCB
- Reusing the existing motors with a 2.5 Amp Motor Controller
- Powered by a LiPo Robot Battery 7.4v 1300mAh and a LiPo Battery Harness
- servos for the camera and dome are HDD servo
Here's the video of the original hack from 2012 with the EZ-B v3 at Comic Expo...