Working through the tutorials...the gripper one is confusing to me. The last tutorial on kinematic setup of the servos for the gripper...all others work as expected and are correct.
Gripper servos set to 90 degrees (as instructed) fully opens both my grippers to fully open position.
Instructions show fully closed and describe such.
I can obviously change that by moving the gears, but want to make sure what is correct.
Hope everyone had a great holiday, finally (after flu, etc) getting a chance to build JD.
Thanks for the help. I believe these tutorials should help newbies quite a bit...
Upgrade to ARC Pro
Your robot can be more than a simple automated machine with the power of ARC Pro!
Last calibration is the grippers.
When examining the grippers by plugging them into the controller which was set at 90 degrees (all servos), the grippers connected to eZ controller FULLY open the grippers. This is opposite of the instructions which show the grippers fully closed per inspection instructions.
My confusion is that the instructions are showing fully closed, action is fully open.
Now, my issue is :
1) Are the instructions correct? Then the action is to simply recalibrate mechanically by resetting the gears.
2) Instructions wrong - then skip instructions on gripper
Thanks for investigating. I can send video if necessary.
I am continuing with the series, and now I am in the software stage....
The instructions in that tutorial are for you to calibrate the grippers. The calibration servo section is calibrating servos. The gripper uses servos, and the parts may need calibration.
1) if the grippers were fully open when the ez-b was set to 90 degrees, that means they need adjusting. As the tutorial displays, the grippers should be closed when set to 90 degrees.
2) I still do not fully understand what may have been written incorrectly. Reviewing the tutorial, it states that if the grippers should be closed. This is in Step #9. Does the picture not help you? Would a different picture be more useful?
I do not need a video - thank you. I understand what you are saying... You are saying that..
1) You connected the gripper to the ez-b in calibration mode (90 degrees)
2) When connecting the gripper, it opened all the way
The tutorial for Gripper Calibration is to help you realign the gripper. As of Step #9, if the gripper is not in the position as displayed, then following the rest of the steps will help you manually calibrate the gripper. The point to the tutorial is to help you calibrate the gripper so it does not open all the way.
Can you provide me some feedback of what was misleading about the tutorial so I can understand better on what would need to be changed?
Is that more of what you were expecting for the tutorial intro to state? To prepare you for what to expect?
Thanks for all the help and the input.