I am not a programmer but I like to play with computer and controllers. I managed to operate the rpi as xbmc sever, file server, video and camera sever, wifi connectivity, gsm connectivity using cheap dongle . alarm system.
I played with the EZB and it was great but missing the wifi/gsm connectivities ( expensive boards) and peripherals such as direct cam, USB,audio ,video and others that are provided by the LC or additional expensive boards.
I am planing for the coming project and My aim to use both combined , however I need to find a way to use the rpi as a proxy to the EZ-b in using wifi or gsm if needed since rpi can be used wirelessly and can control the Gpio can be programmed .
On the other hand , to open a bus between rpi and EZB to transfer commands and data.
I can have my robot to :
1. Use LCD touch screen ( already doable with rpi )
2. Connect to Internet via rpi
3. Play YouTube and videos by voice commands/LCD control.
4. Use Rpi audio system to control the robot and interact with EZB controlling PC.... Siri is an option !
5. ... Others to Come.
Major milestones :
1. PC to EZB card proxy via rpi wireless connectivity ( wifi/gsm rpi to ezb connector)
2. Rpi audio system to interact with PC audio or recognized by EZB SW.
3. Create a profile that send specific commands to rpi from ez-b card for specific commands and rpi scripts ( simple example : camera face detection activate welcome script)
4. Others to come
I DO APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT