Let's make this Halloween contactless! With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, this Halloween is likely to look a bit different. To solve the issue of social distancing while giving out candy I figured, why not build a robot to do it!?! I'm going to hack a generic candy claw machine to dispense candy automatically to trick-or-treaters
Here's the plan:
- Add some new wires to the motors and limit switches
- Install the AtomicPi Windows computer inside the Candy Claw
- Run a VNC program from my Laptop for easy access to the AtomicPi
- Hack in a USB hub
- Hack in an Arduino EZ-B
- Hack in motor controllers
- Hack in a Camera
- Hack in a microphone & speaker
- Hack in a proximity sensor
- Hack in a PIR sensor
The idea is to have the trick-or-treaters be able to interact with the Treat-o-matic to have it dispense candy automatically for them. We'll need multiple ways to detect people and interact with them. The program and functionality aren't written or developed yet, that's where you come in! Help me with the ideas to make this dream come alive
I also have the alternate goal of embedding a computer running ARC within all my new robots, Computer-based robots are the future!
Join the live chat and add your comments, ideas, and suggestions!