Asked — Edited

We'Ve All Seen It. The Super

We've all seen it.  The Super Armatron has it, the Omnibot 2000 has it, and if you take away the head of Gypsy from MST3K, it's all you have left!  I am of course talking about those fun bits of rubber tubing that add a clean, industrial flourish to any robot.  I'm in the process of taking an old Robie Sr. and giving it the same treatment that DJ Sures gave to his Omnibot 2000, which means that the arms and head will have to be extended away from the body to accommodate the new servos.  I want to look for some of that nice flexible rubber tubing to cover up these new joints, but I have no idea how to look for this material since I don't know what it's CALLED.

Any ideas what it's called, and where I might be able to find it?


Upgrade to ARC Pro

Don't limit your robot's potential – subscribe to ARC Pro and transform it into a dynamic, intelligent machine.


It’s dryer hose or flexible sewage hose or vacuum hose. Those are the different applications for similar hose types that you’ll find at the hardware store. Home Depot will have a selection of it in plumbing or central vacuum or dryer section.


Excellent, thank you sir. :)

(Heh! : + ) =:) That just made my day. lol)