Good day to everyone. I am new to all this, so please excuse any dumb questions. LOL
I was trying to connect to my new EZB but was having problems, even watching the videos in the tutorial.
I am using a desktop computer connected via a cable to my Router.
Can I connect this way or do I have to install a wifi adapter on my PC?
I saw in posts when doing a search some info was required to diagnose things. I was not sure if i should post here or support email. I have had fantastic replies this route so here goes.
Thank you kindly.
Answers to Questions:
Connecting Debug Procedure
To receive assistance, these questions must be answered.
1) is the battery on the robot fully charged?
I am using a AC Adapter
2) does the ezrobot make a startup sound when powered on?
Sure does, beeps and talks to me.
3) is there a light flashing on the ezb when powered on?
Yes Blue Flashing Light
4) what color is the light on the ezb?
5) are you connecting the phone/device to the wifi network of the ezb?
I can not find the EZB on my wifi list in my router. I did see it on my cell phones Wifi Listing and I can connect with my Cell. I have not installed Android software yet, as I wanted to get it working with my PC
6) Press the connect button.
It can not find the unit in EZ-Builder. Probably because i do not have a wifi adapter on my PC.
a. If an error appears, some devices take up to 1 minute to detect the ezb - wait 5-10 seconds and press connect again.
b. *Note: do not change or modify the IP address field on connection screen. Use the default value.
Done - Did not change
7) if a connection still does not occur, does the ezb wifi name display as the connected wifi network on the connection screen?
It shows on my Cells list, but nothing on the router listing.
8) have you double checked the wire connections to the ezb using the very helpful learn section on our website? Ensuring the black wire if all plugs matches the black side of the ezb connections? Etc...
I only have power connected to the unit right now via the Jack in the Base.
a. learn section can be accessed here: https://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/
9) reset the EZ-B and repeat this procedure
a. Resetting tutorial link: https://www.ez-robot.com/Tutorials/Lesson/16?courseId=5
Done. But still only shows on Cell Wifi.
b. When resetting, does EZ-B speak introduction message as in the video?
Sure does, and then tells me were to get software etc.
10) If still unable to connect, notify EZ-Robot with the answers to these questions. Also provide what device is being used to connect to the EZ-Robot? (model/operating system) eg Samsung Note 3/Android, iPhone 6