So, hopefully someone on the boards will have some fun with this. I have $1000 for starting a robot project. Assuming I buy the Ez-robot board for around $140, what would you spend the rest on?
- not a small robot, but not life size.. Maybe 3-4 foot.
- durable enough for inside & outside usage
- don't care if wheels or tracks
- should be able to carry some weight. Expect to add an arm or something, so it can't be a five pound limit
- either a ready built platform can be purchased, or I can build the platform if weight specs can be provided. In other words, if you want to spend 200 bucks on a ready made chassis, cool. If you would rather the chassis be hand built, you could use the 200 bucks for something else.
- otherwise, sky is the limit within the allowable total cost. Sensors, a second computer, batteries, etc.
Questions, let me know. I probably forgot something, but am hoping someone might have fun putting together an integrated set of parts. If it is a bad idea and presumptuous that you would design a system for someone else, my apologies.