Voice recognition is one of the most used controls within ARC however many struggle with accuracy and confidence, more so with the Pandora Bot control. So here are a few tips to improve the accuracy and confidence levels.
Improve Speech Recognition
Start Speech Recognition
1. Go to the Start button.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Click on Search box in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Type "Speech".
5. Click on Speech Recognition.
6. Click on Start Speech Recognition.
7. Click on Next.
8. Select the type of microphone you are using and click on Next.
9. Check the position of your microphone and click on Next.
10. Read the sentence provided and click on Next. Note: You can proceed to the next page only after reading the sentences.
11. Click on Next.
12. Choose "Disable document review" radio button and click on Next.
13. Choose "Voice activation mode" radio button and click on Next.
14. Click on Next.
15. Click on Next. Note: you can access the list of commands the computer can respond to later if you do not want to print it out at this time.
16. Click on Next. Note: you can uncheck "Run Speech Recognition at startup" box if you do not want Speech Recognition to start automatically.
17. Click on Start Tutorial if you are new to Speech Recognition or Skip Tutorial Note: you can take the tutorial at another time.
1. Right-click on Speech Recognition Bar.
2. Move mouse over Configuration.
3. Click on Improve Voice Recognition from the sub-menu.
4. Follow the Speech Recognition Voice Training tutorial.
To Train a word or Phrase
1. Say "Open Speech Dictionary" OR
2. Right-click on Speech Recognition Bar.
3. Click on Open the Speech Dictionary.
4. Click on Add a new word (You can also say it).
5. Type in the word or phrase you want to train.
6. Click on Next.
7. Check the Record a pronunciation upon Finish box.
8. Make sure speech recognition bar says "Listening".
9. Click the Finish button.
10. Click the Record button. (Note: Make sure you are satisfied with your recording before moving further. If not, repeat step 8.)
11. Uncheck I want to make more modifications to the Speech Dictionary upon Finish box.
12. Click on Finish.
When I have time I'll add some supporting images to this to make it easier.