We are trying to reconfigure the Rovi to be a Wifi AP. We can connect to the Rovi via my router, we can access the Rovi's configure pages, both from my PC and my tablette, we can apparently save the "EZ-B Wi-Fi Access Point Mode Configuration", we then reboot the Rovi, either using its power switch or the reboot option from its Diagnostic section, but it always just reconnects to our wifi router as a client, and we can never see the rovi appear as an access point.
Is that a known problem? Are we doing it wrong?
Upgrade to ARC Pro
Experience early access to the latest features and updates. You'll have everything that is needed to unleash your robot's potential.
When in client mode, the EZ-B does not have an access-point. The access-point is only available in access-point mode.
The quickest way to get access-point mode is to press the reset button on the EZ-B with a toothpick. Otherwise, use the web configuration tool.
I was able to change all the settings the way I wanted, but only, with a reboot after changing the SSID and before setting the connection mode & password. When I changed both the SSID and the connection mode & password at the same time, the connection never worked and I had to reset the network configuration again and restart from the beginning (I tried 3 times successively).
1) Use the configuration page to change the mode
2) Press the reset button which restores to default settings
If you require further assistance on using the config page, i can create a video. Let me know!
1/ if you're already in client mode, the configuration page just doesn't work, I've both from the Android app and a PC web browser. Using the AP tab, saving a new SSID & mode, rebooting the robot won't work: the robot just reboots in client mode and the settings changes are ignored.
2/ resetting the network setting does bring back the robot in AP mode, but changing AP settings requires saving & rebooting the robot twice, once after changing the SSID, once after changing the mode & password. If you change both settings at once, the config gets busted and I can't connect to the robot.
If you don't care about bug reports like this one, just say it.
As you are using a EZ-B v4.x/1 that has Comm 1 communication board, follow these instructions.
1) connect the ez-b in client mode to the network
2) locate the ez-b on the network to obtain the ip address in ARC
3) visit the ez-b's ip address in your web browser (i.e. http://192.168.1.116)
4) click the AP Mode button, which will display the name of the network (SSID), Channel, Security Mode, Security Key, 802n mode option. Beware, that if the security key is not longer than 8 characters, the AP mode will not be activated. Either leave the security key blank (empty, no characters or spaces) or type a phrase that is longer than 8 characters
5) Press the SAVE button and you will be prompted with a message to reboot the ez-b
6) reboot the ez-b means turn the power off for a few seconds, and back on again
When the ez-b reboots, the AP mode will be activated.
I may assume in your case, the security key was not 8 characters and/or SSID was not valid. Use the example tutorial videos provided in my earlier post for further assistance.