- Renews automatically in a year from date of purchase.
- Offer valid for Cyber Monday only.
- Includes license for 2 computers.
(Only $4.15 per month)
Rock em' Sock em' Robots Live Hack (Part 12)
I've always loved the look of the Rock'em Sock'em Robots game but absolutely hated the feel of it. My goal will to robotize the game. I'll be adding in Micro HDD servos for the punching arms and 2 mini gantry systems for the X-Y movement. I'd like the game to feel like a real life super punch out! I hope to add the capability to play with two players (USB joysticks), or against an A.I. opponent. I'd also like to incorporate the power glove in some way. While I'm not a fan of robot violence I do have a special place in my heart for friendly, non-destructive, competition.
We are exploring the possibility of controlling the robots with an X-Y linear system controlled by micro servos, results are looking good!
Challenges still left to do:
- Tweak the 3D gantry design, print it, install it into the base of the game's ring and start testing it
- Replicate it for the other robot
- Tweak the ARC project for: Player vs Player and Player vs AI
Join the live chat and add your comments, ideas, and suggestions!